Friday, May 1, 2009

Philip Huller : 12/1/51 - 4/30/09

Last night, at 8:15 pm, my girlfriend's father lost his fight with liver cancer. He, and the rest of his family, are connected with God in a way I envy, and it almost seemed as if after hearing the longtime premonition come true, the illness was terminal, he let go. I was in the room the entire time, and though I don't fear death, I feared the thought of seeing it firsthand. His wife, Eileen, told a nurse the story of how they met, which is something out of a Woody Allen movie. As she told the nurse "I loved him the moment I saw him, and I love him this moment", he stopped breathing, and passed. I will never experience something so surreal for the rest of my life. He was, for lack of a better word, an inspiration to me. Rest In Peace.



Phil and Eileen Huller, circa mid 1980s

1 comment:

the analog freak said...

Sad. I worked my Phil for about 6 months in Poughkeepsie. He was largely the reason I lasted that long at the job. A great story teller and all-around remarkable guy.